August 04, 2005

Stunt Man On Site

Our new neighbours have started a kitchen company in Claremorris so I decided that I would drop in my plans, we have a great quote from WoodStyle in Donegal and I could not see it been beat so I said it would only be fair to give them a chance to quote us.

Went up to Milltown to pick up the 32mm slabbing screws off my mate Gibbo, he had 10k to spare, should do a bit!
I was up there about 10 minutes when I got a call from my Dad, he had fell off a ladder inside the house, with the brutal weather and traffic it was going to be at least 50 minutes until I was at the house, so he decided to hobble in next door, so much for not doing anything risky, he was up on a ladder, about 15 foot, grabbed a piece of timber which he thought was screwed in, it was not so he came down on his back, catching the stairs on the way down and the piece of timber landing on his face.
He busted his ankle, his hip caught his back and busted his nose, to say he was lucky would be an understatement.

I sent him home when I got to the house, he reluctantly went!

Regina from Alpha Kitchens called over with the plans and a price, to be honest I was delighted with their design and price, both to be confirmed, we have to go to their showroom and view the doors and confirm the price but if all stays the same we will definately be going with them. An the IROKO worktop.

I also rang the plumber to tell him about the lack of lagging, how there was electrical cables running over the hot pipes and that some of the drilling in the joists left a lot to be desired. He came out again today to "relag!"

No comments: