August 27, 2005

Continue slabbing

Picked up Adam at 7.45am, we set to straight away on back bedroom to get the walls done, the angles in a dormer is some pain in the ass, drive you mad to be truthful, my dad and John were there and they completed the sheeting of ply onto the walls in the landing, now it was left to us to slab it, very difficult, so we set into it.
It took us up to 2 hours to get it done with setting up scaffoling and that, but now it is done, it makes the landing huge.
MYself and dad finished off the landing ceiling, great to get that done.

The lads headed off aboout six, I started again into the small cuts around the doors, at the top of walls, in other words the small bits one person can do!!

I got a nice bit done, place looks more like a house by the hour!

I rang around without any success for a carpenter to get the gable ends done.
I went across to my new neighbour, Mick to ask if there was someone he knew and he did alright, himself!!! So next Saturday he will do it all,, I will get him a Hilti gun to aid in putting up the lath for the beading.

I headed off at 11pm, about to keel over now!! Still have to get it done!!

No comments: