August 15, 2005

Hot house!

Arrived on site for 7.30am, and got stuck into putting the plastic in the hall roof.
I then installed the fibre glass for the hall and dining room and did the 100mm rockwool in the vertical walls.

My dad arrived over and once he had finished his bit of work we decided to tackle the ceiling space with the fibre glass.
We decided to cut all the fibre glass into the correct widths and lengths before I went up.

Cut up about 30 rolls altogether and up I headed.

The heat was a killer, slim fast plan my ar*e, get up into ceiling space for a hour!!! ;)

Took us most of the evening to complete this.

I headed off to Hursts heating and meet with Wes, I got the glass blocks for the dividing walls between the ensuite and bedroom. A fiver each.

Also got the quadrant 900mm shower tray and waste, 125 euro.

I also got the dry lining screws (35mm) for the Senco gun I got the loan of. They cost 22 euro per 1000. It is estimated to take up to 9000 screws to do ours.

I got the load of about 10k screws from my mate (32mm) which I will fill into catridges when I get time. But I want to use the 35mm on the ceiling slabs to give them extra strength.
Also picked up 2 good masks (3m brand) for 6 euro each as the ones we had were crap.

Decided to call it a day about about 7.30pm - Good progress

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking good- I hope the rest of the insulation goes quickly!