August 25, 2005

1st day of slabbing

got Adam for the day, a great help and a savage worker.
We started at 7.30am and got stuck into the slabbing, doing the roofs while dad and John worked on the walls.
Talk about a slow and very tough job, but after a lot of huffing and puffing we managed to get the ceilings in the 3 bedrooms and landing completed, the landing is really the hardest as you are on temporary scaffolding.
The lads headed off at 6pm and I waited until 9.30 and filled in the easier work.

The underfloor heating gear arrived today, did not get a chance to look at it.

Near the end of the day I was finishing off a bit of slabbing when my plasterer John arrived. I thought grand we can sort out a date to start, but just not yet!!
Little did I know, he has 6 house lined up to do so unless I wanted to wait until the end of Oct, then i had to be ready for Thursday!! I near had a heart attack

We have 240 sheet of 8ft * 4ft (the are actually shorter) plasterboard to put up, have 11 windows cills to install, have 6 gable boxes to make and a lath to run the whole lenght of the house and 3 gables and then get the guttering guys to install the strip for the soffit, also the downstairs needs the vapour barrier installed.

On top of all that we are MENTAL busy at work!!

God where to next, will I get it done. I don't want to lose the plasterer but if I cannot get 3 days off next week it will not be done.

Have to organise some lights for here, long hours ahead.

Got a quote for the stone mason, 6.5k euro cash, nearly dropped dead!!

No comments: