August 13, 2005

Good Progress

Today the pressure had to be stepped up and the intention was to try and get the upstairs completed! I wish!

I arrived on site for just after 7am, lovely day so easy to work in it, even though the temperature was not long rising!

I started to rip through the upstairs with the rigid board and completed the bedroom and landing before I got an SOS call from my da was running 2 hours late with his deliveries so I had to change my clothes and head off with him, was gone about 1.5 hrs.
Sean was there doing the bay windows when I arrived, it looks well now with the ridges on them.

The vapour barrier has to be also installed downstairs about 2m from the outside walls on the back and front.
I started this and got the back of the house done, a slow job again especially with recess light cables to be also cut out.
The barries is staples to the joists, I have a staple hammer and this makes life very easy.



Then you have to go upstairs and stuff 200mm fibre glass in the roof space behind the walls leaving room for air to get in at the eaves.
Again a cramped job! I managed to get the back completed.





My dad was there and he was tying up the loose ends of the rigid board and doing any strenghtening. His hip is still at him and I am not happy he is putting weight on it, only the landing to do with rigid board now.

When the fibre glass is installed you then have to install 100mm rockwoo the vertical wall space. Again this has to be stapled into position to avoid sagging in the future.



Headed off at 7pm after a long hot day, but things are going well now.

No comments: