August 07, 2005

Early Mornings

Couple of GAA matches on today, including Mayo V Kerry so I decided to head to the site again for 7.30am. I was going to finish off putting in the boxes in the studding but decided against hammering at 7.30am!
I then said I would start the insulation, so off I set. Progress again is slower than I expected, 150mm rockwool on the external walls and 100mm on the internal walls, all insulation has then to be stapled onto the studding to stop it from sagging in the future.
All studs do not have all the same widths between them and the windows, noggings and sockets make it akward to insulate.
The heat was a killer and even with long sleeves I was still itching, forgot my face mask so that did not help but periodically stuck my head out the windows to breath air!
It makes the rooms more like rooms now with the insulation in, if that makes sense!!!
Progress was good, spent 5 hours at it and got 2 rooms completed and one wall of the bathroom done.
The roof space and ceiling has yet to be completed, waiting for the rigid board to arrive, all the areas have to be covered with plastic also.

No comments: