July 04, 2005

Slater, dormer etc

Today Sean, my slate/roofer arrived.
He came to lead the 2 dormer windows so that we could install the actual PVC windows in the dormers and finish off putting on the expanded metal.

He hopes to return on Wednesday or Thursday when the slates arrived to slate the house.

Myself and my dad decided to install the dormer in the evening. Each window had to have its PVC cill cut and shaped and then screwed onto the window.
The window was then set on a bead of silicon and we then plumbed the windows before screwing the brackets to the timber frame.
It took a bit longer than expected.
Then it was a case of completing the expanded metal on the 2 dormers.

I also rang Mahon Windows to tell them about the 2 doors which were not closing correctly, they told me to wait until most work is done and they will come back and check everything.

I rang the last plumber to get a quote, have almost decided on who I am going with but I wanted to check to see what sort of prices the other lads would come in at and the final lad said to me he could not do it, should have told me that 2 weeks ago!

Dormers in with expanded metal on them now.

No comments: