July 03, 2005

Getting There

Woke this morning at 8am, these long days are taking there toll, the prospect of another 12 hour day with a match in the middle of it was not appealing, the fact it was pissing it down also did not help me to jump out of the cot!!

I started the 2nd dormer at about 9.30am, I think the neighbours are beginning to wonder if I ever go home, I would say to them I am there day and night, actually I am beginning to feel the same way myself ;)

Only messing, practice makes perfect and the mistakes I made on the first dormer were learned from and not repeated, I managed to get the expanded metal cut and fixed into place along with the timber for the soffit before I headed off to the match at 1pm, less blood and skin lost this time in the exercise of cutting the metal.

Got over the match, we won 3-1, good win, now with 2 points of leaders, playing them next week for an almost title decider.

Got back on site at about 5, two separate batches of visitors and guided tours ensued, lost about 1 hour all in all, so completed the nailing of the expanded metal, and did a final check on the 2 dormers.

There was a load of battens on the ground all around the house, decided to tidy the place up and remove all the nails that were sticking out of them.

Also moved some of the blocks out of the way of the sand, Roadstone made the delivery on Friday and for some unknown reason decided that they would place 900 blocks plonk in front of the sand, blocking access to the sand and around the house!! Don’t ask!!!!

Eight bells arrived and the smell of food hit me, time for a shower and a feed!
Another weekend gone! The move in for October 2005 moves closer and closer, with weekends now a thing of the past the weeks of work, as in the 7 day weeks of work are running out!

No comments: