July 30, 2005

Progressive day

Today tured out to be a very progressive day, was on the road for 8am, headed to Heiton Buckleys to get my screw bits, screws and new tape.

Then over to Hursts to get the shower valves, there were about 10 of them, actually spent more time checking all their show rooms than looking at showers!!

When I finally coped on I talked to Mr Hurst (yes thats his name ;) ) and he recommended a brand to me, in the end they cost me 270 euro a piece, steep but he swore to me that they would not fail or leak!
I trust him on this to be honest.

No roofer today!!

Bank holiday Monday so he will not be there until Tuesday at least!!


Today I put in timber ties into the chimney, then I had to strap the roof ladder to the timber frame, each screwed in at right angles, once again time consuming!!


I also added the edging along the ceilings and around the dormer!! every where I seem to look I can see edging needed!!!

No comments: