July 09, 2005

Cutting the Cills

We had to complete the DPC on 2 windows, this we did first, then I decided to make a start on cutting back the lip on the cills for the stone on the front.
I have eventually gone with the 18" standard cills and decided to get an angle grinder and cut the back lip to be the same size as that on timber frame cill,

With the intense heat and dust from the grinder it was not a plesant job at all.
It was mad slow but luckily Eamo had a con saw and when I used it I ripped through them, I then had to cut the horizontal section of the cill with the grinder which is not easy.

I managed to get 7 of the 9 cills completed and the two 5ft cills left to finish.

Eamo has the chimeny out the top of the roof, he will complete this on Monday and a chimney cap will go on it.

Had to head off to a match at 5,30pm, could have done without especially since we lost!

I wandered about the house today taking pics of the inside, hard to figure out some of them!










No comments: