January 07, 2006

Timber, painting etc

Woke about 9am, cold seems to be gettting worse but have to plod on or we will never get in!! Had to go to Dunnes Stores to get some hospital gear for dad. then into Heiton buckleys to get screws for the jams.
I also picked up the trims for the ceiling in the sun room.
HAd to head to Castlebar tool hire and got 3mm drill bit to drill the screws for the hinges.

I manged to get to the house about 12am, got my hands on a bottle of special mix for the cough...

With motivation levels at an all time low I started to sand the ceiling in the sun room, got the "mouse" sander, it looks better now. It was as well to paint around the edges before I starting putting on the edging,
Herself came over, also got the cold so it was not a great idea, She decided to start to undercoat the final room in the house. In fairness the house it moving along nicely, but it is a lot of small steps.

I moved into the sitting room and go my angle grinder to sand the recess light holes, this is really tunrining into a nightmare but hopefully it will be sorted.
Had Marie and Emmet out for a look and once they had gone I decided to start and put on the trim, herself headed off home to get the dinner.
Trim was easy enough to do, had a mitre box so that helped with the angles, I left about 3 small sections to do, each lenght is 8ft long (costs about 8 euro per lenght).
Headed about 6 thirty or so.

No comments: