January 28, 2006

Busy Day

Feeling a bit tired today, was home for 4am from Galway Dog races, great nite.
We went to Skye furniture first to get the bed and chest of drawers in the sale, 15% off.
Got to the house for 12, great sunny day. Intend to get the glass blocks built today, but I had 3 visitors which between them all took up near 2.5 hours!
Mick was over for a look at the house but as he said himself the details are on the blog so that is handy. That site for the LCD tv is www.Katronics.de

I had another Mick from across the road over and then Vinny and young Adam came over for a look. Siobhan got some tiles and testers for the kitchen. we had a few sarnies before we tried some tiles, it is hard to match up the kitchen, worktop, walls and black windows, still a great headache!

Actually for Marks sake I who said I put up the wrong name, meet him at the wedding last weekend and then again last nite in Galway, his name is Mark Jackson and he did or timber frame kit erecting!! Sorry Mark!!

I managed to get started on the glass blocks but it is a pain in the arse, had to leave each block lenght ways and width ways and then point between them, only managed 12 blocks, I know useless!!

So tomorrow I might get more done.!!

Plumber has all the house plumbed up for the water but has not connected it outside!!
Spark will be back Monday to finish off.
Geo Brian rang me and said that there was an issue with the pump but he will be back Tuesday.

It is funny now with the lights on in the house, you forget, so long used to having a lead and bulb that I forgot I had lights outside and in!!
Also the door bell works! It is a great buzz when you get to this stage.

No comments: