January 02, 2006

On to the tiling

No feeling too good at all, really should be in my bed but the pressure is on (self inflicted some may say!!) but I want to get the tiling done in the utility room and the kitchen.
Damien was with me so we headed off about 10am. After the first 2 lines I soon realised that I was going to run out of rapid set so I went to TileSavers and got 4 bags, costs a bomb, 50 quid a bag!!
It took us near on 4 hours to do 4 lines, don't really know why but it was a killer to do!!
Moved onto the utility room and it too was a dog to tile, ended up using every single tile, also I cracked one tile inside the door with the diamond blade on the angle grinder so not impressed!!
Gerry and Emma were out and Larry and his dad called so that spent some time.

But it was great to get that done, at least we can now progress to installing the kitchen.

One thing that i was thinking of last nite was how much the self build completly consumes your thoughts and life, I even forgot to go to a funneral of a local man, something usuallly I would have done.
99% of things are put aside as you set targets on the house, it is gas really, something that self builder will understand.

No comments: