January 14, 2006

Door goes in!

I headed over about 9.30am, bleeding cold again today, Brendan will be over about 12. I decided to cut in the front bedroom upstairs, had to sand around the sockets also.
I got the door area ready and cleared up for Brendan and we set at it when he came. We had to make sure the hinges were ok, which they were.
The door needed planing on the top of and side but it closed a dream. We then had to take some off the bottom so that it would close ok.
We then put down the draft excluder and the lock and keeper, all in all it took us 3 hours, way more work to it than I expected but when you are a carpenter he made it look much easier!
There is 4 glass panels in the timber door frame, I do not yet have the double glazed glass so I had to cut out 4 panels of timber to pin them.

I have to cut out the plaseter board for it and put it up around the door and it will be ready for skimming, excellent, have to get onto John now.

No comments: