February 18, 2006

Long day

Out of the cot @ 7am, thought I would get myself over early, intention was to get to see the United V Liverpool match @12.30 and I also have training @3pm for 2 hours so the day will be killed!
I started to finish off around the windows for the kitchen tiles, cutting trim and that until I realised I had run short, great not!!! I had to remeasure the bathroom downstairs and I headed off into town to Tubsntiles to get extra trim and finalise the order.
I also went to Castlebar toolhire to get a hand plane, chisels, sliding bevel and bits.
I called into a filling station for lunch and got 20 minutes of the game but had to head again. I got back to the house and then headed to training. Suffering badly with shin splints so the hard ground was killing me, but 1.5 hours of astro was a bit easier!!
I got back to the house @ and Dad was there with Siobhan, herself was painting the landing, not happy with the color, darker orange than what we expected. MYself and Dad got stuck into the glass panels in the door frame, at least it looks a hell of a lot better.
They headed off about six and I continued with the trims around the windows, had a bit to eat and set to the glass blocks, was not sure if I would face the same issues again.
The mix for these has to be right, then you have to make sure that the blocks are plumb and level each and every way, I put a metal strip screwed to the wall and through the blocks for extra support, I only did 5 blocks and pointed these in 4 hours!!!! Talk about been slow!!
I headed off home about 10,30pm, busted tired!!

No comments: