February 04, 2006

Great days work

I rang Peter the plumber first off, he said he would do the job on the mixer valve for me, Dad talked me out of doing it last night! Better off, I still decided to drain the system myself first.
I decided it was time to do some work on the front door, it had not been sealed so I got out my tin of sealer and gave it and the door frame a coat of sealer. There was also a gap at the bottom of the frame so I filled this with mastic.
The dehumidifier is working away full time, it is pulling out maybe 2 litres of water a day, once the heat goes on I am sure this will be a help.
I went to tubs and tile and got us our kitchen tiles, only 3 sq yards so it was relatively cheap. Main tiles are not in until Wednesday.
Siobhan and Dad came over, Dad had over with him the wet saw for the tiling, the radial arm saw and the double oven.
We got the oven in place for the lads to wire up.
I also started at the recess lights holes, still not happy with them so I decided to make up a light skim and plaster over it
Siobhan taped around the windows of the kitchen so that I could under coat them. We are aiming to begin painting the final coat tomorrow.
I also checked the main meter and sure enough there is only one, have to get onto them in the ESB to sort it out,

No comments: