June 10, 2006

Very good progress

Up early to try and get a big schedule done, not sure if it will happen!!Started with the bedroom downstairs as it needed to be cut in with 2 coats. The ceiling also needed to be touched up. Got this done and headed off into town.Had to pick up another roll of the special UFH underlay. 120 euro for the roll.Then off to Sam Hire to pick up a belt sander so I could sand the oak beam mantlepiece. It cost 35 euro.

Then off into Arrow to pick up some self levelling cement @ 20 euro per 25kg bag.Back to the house, Siobhan was over so we took down the skirting in the bedroom, labelled it and then she cleaned up the floor. I headed out and started sanding the beam. Took me an hour once I figured out how to put on the sandpaper!!I does look well thought. I then headed up stairs to have a bit of lunch and also the watch the soccer.

While I was up there I also decided to put up the frosted contact on the window Sean asked up to blank out as it was looking down on their sitting room. In order to watch the match I then decided to sand and varnish the skirting off our bedroom and hall.Off downstairs again and got stuck into levelling.
The mix is mixed very watery so that it can flow over the room and it is encouraged into corners and sides with a steel float. It took all the bags I had bought but it means I can start that room tomorrow.Off home about 7 as I had to go to Larrys mams anniversary mass.

No comments: