June 17, 2006

Great Progress

Dad rang me last nite to say John wanted to give us a hand with the floors. I got up at 6.45 and was in house of 7.30.Had to go to town for more self levelling cement and screws and caps for the splashback. Aim before this wasa to get around the fireplace totally finished and I achieved this by 11am.
Using the stiff underlay as a template and cutting around the stone to get the exact shapes and angles.Pieces were taking me 20 minutes to cut around the hearth alone!So I got the 6 bags of leveller and was back in time for John. After the guided tour of progress we decided to work together and get the sitting room pulled and with one measuring installing and the other cutting and gluing we put in the final 11 lines in 2 hours.
Delighted to get it done so fast.

A bit ahead of myself now.Dad was over and he put up all the skirting in the back bedroom downstairs and filled the screws. The screws we were using and were useless were not threaded to the head and this meant that we had trouble driving the screw in.John had other screws with a full thread and they worked a treat.Myself and John decided to move the chop saw into this room and clean up the dining room. With the skirting off and numbered and the room hoovered I started with the leveller. It took 3.5 bags of leveller.

So I will start flooring that in the morning. I have a match at 12pm so that will break up the day.When I had that done I decided I would make a start on sanding and varnishing the skirting in the sitting and dining room. At least it will mean that we can put up the skirtingin these rooms.After a long day and my legs falling off I headed about 8.30

No comments: