June 16, 2006

Selling the Motor

I had to meet a girl to see if she was interested in buying my old car. She had a look and we have struck a deal so she has to see if she can raise the cash. So that is great if she does as I need to give back the mortgage money!! ;)

Then back to the house, aim this weekend is to get the sitting room floored. It was going to be extremly difficult due to the corner fireplace with the semi circular hearth so as you can imagine the cut are on a jagged stone curve!The self levelling cement had dried but it was not a great finish, not sure if it was down to the cheaper brand levelling compound or not.
Also a tip if u are using this stuff, tape around the edges between the floor and insulation as there were some gaps betweens ours which the leveller flowed into!! So a bit of masking tape will stop this and keep the floor level.I started the floor about 7pm, I knew it was going to be slow but by the time I left @ 11.30 I had 7 lines completed and was 1/2 way around the hearth.

With the dormer window and its angles it made it even more difficult to close the gaps between the joints and get leverage but a nail bar aided in this.At least its a start and all going well tomorrow evening it will be finished.

No comments: