June 02, 2005

Sun Room

The last piece of work for the lads to do was to put the roof on the sun room and to felt and batten this.
The lads arrived on site in the afternoon it and when I called to them were about to put the trusses in place.
At least it would finish it off!

My sister in law was getting married on the 3rd so on the 2nd we all meet up in my wifes house for a few drinks, was due to play a soccer match but due to the down pours all day Celtic Park was flooded, some summer!!!!

I got a call from Mark about 8pm, I presumed it was to tell me to call out and pay him!
After the call though I was not a happy camper, he said to me "I have to take the sun room down, it's wrong", I began to laugh and told him to fupp off, but soon realised he was not messing!

What had happened was that the walls were back to front, with the natural stone on the front the over hang was great, but for some reason the large over hang was on the back!

Also the feature windows were not centred on the apex but centres on the wall, so when the blocks and stone went on the front the windows were centered correctly and did not look out of place, we decided to move the windows to the centre of the apex

In fairness to Mark he took pictures of the sun room on Thursday night and emailed them to Clarkes and I gave my mate in Clarkes a ring and he said he would get onto it also.

On Friday morning I got up early and headed to the site, I had the wedding to be at for 1pm and to get ready and people to collect before that so I had to make sure everything was correct before I left site.

I rang Clarkes first thing and talked to the lad who was over our house, he said he would investigate straight away.
About 1hr later I got a called from one of head guys to apologise and to inform me that it would be sorted immediately and that they would pay the lads to get the kit out and up again.
I said no problem.

Off to the wedding....

No comments: