June 21, 2005

Front Door

One day myself and my dad went to a house to look at their geo and ufh setups so that I could compare it with what i was looking at and to get their opinions on what they thought of the setup.

When I got to their house I spotted their front door and my jaw dropped, I thought it looked top notch, it is a gothic door similar to this, except there is a glass framing around it to form a panel of time at the bottom half each side and curved glass around the shape of the door at the top

I got the details of the joiner who did the work and meet with him to discuss a price.
I was amazed when he said he would do it all for 1600 euro! So I agreed to call him when the frame was ordered and let him call to see the door ope to measure it.

I arranged 3 meetings with him and he could not make the 1st, he lost his phone, the 2nd he just did not turn up, the 3rd he apologised he was stuck on a job, since then I could not get hold of him.

So I had to go looking again, I got a few quotes in for 2200, 1900 and then for 3k!! I nearly dropped as it looked like we would not be getting it, so I prepared to get a "normal door"

Then I got word that there was a place near work who are excellent. So I took a spin up to them and he said it would be 8 weeks, meaning IF all things went to plan that there would be a 2 week delay.
But in the end I said flip it and decided that we would go with it. I asked a price and prepared for a big sum but to my suprise he said it was going to be no more than 1500 euro, all in!!!

So I wait with patience and worry to hope it all falls into place!

Time will tell.....

No comments: