June 19, 2005

Cills + Lintels Part 1

Cills + Lintels had to be ordered so that I would have them on site for when ever Eamon arrived, I headed to a local supplier, Westport Concrete. I got talking to the lads and gave them the opes so that they could come back to me.

In the process of discussing our requirement it was discovered that they did not have a stone/timber frame cill. An 18" deep, 4" face size, with a timber frame lip. They had the standard 10" wide, 4" face but the 18" was never required.

So I said grand I am sure I can get it somewhere else. So off I headed only to be faced with absolutely no one with an 18" timber frame cill, I was very surprised!

I eventually with the help of Clarks came across Killeshal in Co Offaly, but the nearest they could come to me was a 15" cill with really was not deep enough.
So I had to keep searching.

No comments: