June 25, 2005

ReNailing Part 1

Meet with another plumber this morning, he is up the walls BUT he reckons he could come to me in 2 weeks, so I meet with him and discussed the setup, he did not like the idea of a full pressurised system, he wanted a separate pump on each shower, don’t know about this myself. Expect to hear back from him at end of next week

Went to Heiton Buckleys and got the cement, expanded metal, nails for same, L brackets to secure the chimney, screws for same, bolt for the door, screws for the hinges, more DPC, petrol & oil for our new generator which Siobhan bought in ALDI the previous Sunday for 250 euro, excellent price.`

We brought over our old front door from my parents home and installed it in the front of our place, now means the place is secure and locked up, it will be in place until the front door goes in, in 7 weeks!

The personal aspect of been a bit fussy verging on the edge of been a perfectionist reared its head today, I decided to inspect the battens on the back of the roof and even though the lads had used a nail gun with 75mm nails to put on the battens there was movement, so I decided to double nail with galvanised 90mm nails so that there was going to be no movement what so ever.

Off to Achill for a match with the B team, windy spot down there but came away with a 2-1 result, leaves us 6 points ahead with 6 games left, busted my left thumb, some twat thought it would be a good idea to follow through even though I had the ball in my hands, my biggest worry for the build is to get a serious injury.

I got a lift down to Achill with Wes, his dad owns Hurst Heating and Plumbing and Wes works there, very informative guy and extremely helpful, discussed the build and our requirements and he made a few very good suggestions which will help me make a final decision on plumber. The only tradesman I don’t have yet secured!

No comments: