May 25, 2005

House Goes Up - Part 2

DAY 2:
On my way to work at 8.30am I said I would call by the site to have a look, bit like a kid with a new toy!!.
As I approached I noticed a lorry parked up, it was the trusses!

I rang Clarkes and asked what the story was, they informed me that they managed to get them on the road earlier that expected and that they were there,
I told them that my lads would not be on site until 11am and that the crane would be sitting.

I rang the boys and they were in the cot, said they would be there in 1.5 hours.

That evening but was pleasantly suprised when I arrived on site to see the roof in place and the dormer shaped.

The weather was absolutely bucketing it down, it was mad but fair play to the lads they kept at it.

I left them to it and they managed to get rid of the crane and it's unhappy Polish driver at 9.30pm!!


No comments: