March 15, 2005

Planning Process - Part 4

Two days really dragged, I rang the Planning Office at 11am to see if we had any news, nothing had been updated, "Ring back after lunch", barely eat the lunch with the worry but the determination to get back on the horse and start looking that weekend again, I had been on the internet and had a few potentials picked out to view at the weekend.

Got back to work and rang them about 3pm, the answer was a "planning granted but there are 17 conditions" Yippee!
Who cared, we had it now, how bad could the conditions be!!

So on the following Monday the letter, got my mother to read the conditions, some I took in others I had to read myself, did not seem to bad.

Conditions were standard,
5 year occupancy,
X percolation (no treatment system!!, don't ask),
X amount back from road,
1m above road,
"Crossed" windows, once vertically and once horizontally in the middle! (not happy about that one!!),
local stone on front of house and 60ft of front wall (no cladding),
hedging to ge planted between us and neighbours and the railway line,
government contribution.
Fill in the area between wall and road to allow parking.

The rest were standard so I was told!

So we had it conditions or not, big deal!

Next stage was to get married, have the honey moon and get ourselves together to apply for the mortgage.

No comments: