September 27, 2017

For about 2 years I've promised to kids to get them a swing. So eventually this year I managed to get the will to do it!
After much zipping around the internet I managed to find a place to deliver to Ireland. I purchased pretty heavy duty stuff with chains, rubber seats, solid slide etc.

So I then went on the web and came up with a plan which I redrew 20 times later! :)

The cost of the items below came to around 320 euro delivered
4m slide
2 swing sets
1 climbing block set
1 set of steering wheel, telescope
3 sets of support handles.
Trapeze set


I then had to purchase the timber. I wasn't sure if I'd go with round or square poles and the thickness of these, but I visited a few places who sold these frames and took a few measurements.
In the end I went with square for most but round for the upright.
The main sq supports are 130mm square.
I purchased a few boxes of 150mm coach screws and these are pigs to put in, each one hand wrenched into place!

But after the guts of 3 days to cut it and piece it we delivered it to the kids and they are delighted.

In total something around 600-650 all in.
To buy it with the quality of goods and timber you'd do well to get it for 1500 euro.

Now to paint it!!!!




No comments: