May 06, 2006

Back On The Beach

Decided to hit the beach at 8am first, for a nice run. Got drown wet but all for the gut, I mean good!!!!! I had to head into town, had to get rough sandpaper and steel wool to polish down the varnish on the doors and architrave. Also needed to get 4 hinges for the doors in the kitchens.I had to pick up the toilet from Hursts and then off to Murphy stainless steel to see if they could do the steel splashback.I decided it was time to buy the fire grate! 50 euro not bother, me arse. When we built the stone fireplace I did not really think of the grate size.We measured it and it was 21". So then I was told that 18" is the standard, but a 21" was going to cost me 180 euro to get made!!! Nearly dropped. So have to rethink this one.Picked up the tiles from Right Price Tiles for the hall entrance to stop the timber from getting wet inside the door.SO eventually got myself back to the house, a lot lined up to do but hey does it ever work out right!! Nope!We had put all the waste, bag of cardboard, plasterboard, plastic, wire etc etc in one pile at the front of the house. I have yet to get a skip but don't want it around the house.So it took me 2 hours to gather all the bags! Stinking job. The rain and hailstones nearly killed me!Eventually I got back into the house and dad was there, we decided to hang the 2 extra doors for the kitchen units. Then it was time to tile inside the door and also to replace the tiles in the kitchenI left about 8pm off home.

No comments: