November 05, 2005

Screeding Begins

I picked the lads up about 8am, we stopped at a filling station and got some breakfast, was inside and Roadstone rang me, they were onsite, 40 minutes early, wonderful, also the fact that dad was running almost 2 hours late meant we were on our todd on this one!
I ordered 6 cubic metres to cover the sunroom, dining room, kitchen, utility and bathroom. At 104 euro per cubic meter then this stuff had to go in!

We wheeled in barrows like Molly Malones on speed and filled the sunroom and dining room, myself and Damien 2 then got our 2"*1" screeds in. You have to level this off the sole plate and then diagonal level them also.
I have a 5ft level so this makes life easy.
Dad arrived over so we got on our knees and worked away. Also managed to get 15 buckets up stairs but lost about 3 barrows as we had to go to my mates anniversary mass.

We meet up with the lads afterwards and we headed into Westport for the night.

No comments: